Monday, October 4, 2010

long dress waiting april 23,2005

sometimes i feel
like a gypsy last
night was one
those nights the lights
seemed lower
my favorite beaded
sweater my long dress
and my lips were painted
dark and deep
when you brushed past
touched my hand
i wanted to fred
ginger and hop
into 1945

i looked in the
mirror and wondered
if over time
the shower speeches
the gold medal multi
tasked dreams had
become crazy lady
and the way eclectic
is used to explain
nutty aunts and
peculiar neighbors
i just caught a glimpse
of that as i waited
for you to come home.

and after ten years
i still prepare
watchful and aware
when my nose needs
powdering or i could
use a little color
a splash of perfume
i wait still
after a decade
pulse races
the headlights
in the driveway
makes me feel
seventh grade
awkward before
a dance along
the wall by
the punchbowl
waiting to see
if the cute boy
that i have been
crushing on
will even notice.

you come up the stairs
and you are just as
heart pounding as ever
i kiss and you kiss
and you hold and i hold
the amber lights
the heat turned up to 74
degrees helps add
the ambience the landscape.
and you tell me i
look pretty and that
the chinese tofu i made
for dinner was delicious
in our dollar chinese dishes
pretty red chopsticks
we sit quietly
watch our favorite show
and i feel i'm back
on a date with you
kissing on the couch
young and new
electricity and it's wonderful
and i'm lucky
my wayward heart
may just have found home.

i feel a song coming on...

No comments:

Post a Comment