Tuesday, February 2, 2010

april 12,2005

sleepwalking


i'm becoming a
crazy cat lady.
dank blinds drawn
crusty old house
scads of in bred
felines roaming.
sleepwalkers creepy.

except without the cats.

i'm terribly allergic.
and i've never really
liked them,anyway.
all i need is a $1.50
moo moo and some slippers.
i've got the talking
to myself down and
the peculiar habits.
and i'm quite sure
that simple pleasures
the highlights of my day
constitute craziness.

cat ladylike features.
figuratively speaking
i'm a stone's throw away
from not realizing
that noone really
wants to hear
about my silliness-
or why i'm here
on this particular day-
and why i buy boxes
upon boxes
of little debbies

every other
insatiable desire
hole in my heart
voice in my head
cash money in my pocket
and so i sing.
to the streetlights
my broadway and i
imagine grandiose
tommorrows and i
pencil out high hopes
and small sad things
and i shoo the cats away.
only to
return to
morr
ow.

No comments:

Post a Comment