Tuesday, February 2, 2010

march 21,2005

king of the wild frontier


time to
listen for the signal
owl hoots and
davy crockett whispers telling me
that its snarling twisted mouth
is hungry ready willing
to eat me up to gobble up all that is left
of me of seventh grade wallflowers
vegetables and all
he's coming
his breath on my nape
the fear lodged halfway and rising...
i melt into witches and toto
little house on the horizon
i'm waiting...
i can do nothing mutter
psalm 91
whatever else i can think comfort
to bind my wounds
to hold the pieces that in
that are quite literally unraveling
sad eyes and my heart is cold
low blood sugar
and my stand is no longer upright
i hear him...
right on my heels
i fall apart
at the thought...
whisper...perspiration...prayers beading my upper lip...
it's over...
i'm still holding...
the day is still dawning...
my heart is swollen...
i...wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment