Tuesday, February 2, 2010

april 9,2005

that touch of spring

today felt like
a 1950's movie
starring
doris day
and cary grant.

it was
periwinkle blue
and puffy clouds
as far as the eye
could see
windy and wonderful
cuffed jeans and
gray hoodie kind of day.

and the air was
full laughter
in different
aged chorus
and plans and
rollerskating
while holding hands
and no scraped knees
or bad feelings.

and a trip to the
old fashioned market
for dollar vegetables
that smell like summer
homeade lemonade
bunches of tulips
gerber daisies.
and caleb
gave the man a dollar
and was so proud
because the man said-
"thank you,sir."
and apparently
that made him
giggle and say
that he thought
the man must think
that he's a knight
because he
called him "sir"

and the sun warms
my cheeks and the
wind steals my
breath and bad
feelings are
whisked away.
and she grants me
three wishes since
the dandelion puffs
have not peeked their heads
from their winter
slumber party.

i close my eyes
and wish just one
(i don't want
to press my luck)
and i hope for a
lifetime of days
like these dreams
on the tips
of my fingers
barefoot forevers
and i think
it begins today.

No comments:

Post a Comment