Tuesday, February 2, 2010

april 13,2005

hourglass


the monotony
monopoly
on my time
minute fleeing
hour fleeting
days into lifetimes
and father time
keeps stealing away
silently almost
undetected.

being the csi
expert-first
season was amazing
i see his physical
evidence that he's
left me subtle
clues in his little
scavenger hunt
without the polaroids...

and the tiny traces
roadmap on my face
in the corner of
my eyes
and lips
and heart
tell the tale of
moments slipping
plunging recklessly
and heartlessly
toward tommorrow
after tommorrow
and they can't
stay babies
and i can't work
the rewind
and it's futile
to fight.

judy clocks
don't lie and
so surrender
and succomb
and let the warm
water wipe it
away for a
second stolen
moment
all to me
all to sundays
all to forevers
and still
he plods on.

No comments:

Post a Comment